How to set up a Score Tracking and DHTML-based Score Reporting System on Your Office Computer for Zero Cost*
by Curtis L. Ashendel, Assoc. Professor of Medicianl Chemsitry, Dept. MCMP, Purdue University
*Note: "Zero cost" applicable to Purdue staff only
Answer: To use the internet to make life better and the work easier
Take advantage of the Web's strengths: speed, computational flexibility, and inter-operability.
Use the Web to make the chore of score and grade reporting easier than ever while enhancing its educational and motivational impact on students.
Get more done:
- Reporting of percentiles, class rank, and course grade
- Conversion of all score data to HTML format for access by students anytime, from any computer on the net
- Increase the confidentiality by providing only individualized data to students
With less work:
- Effortless data conversion and "publishing" done completely automatically
- No printing or physical posting of score tables
- No password or email lists to create and maintain for students
This site is still(!) under construction.