Senior Vice President, U.S. Commercial Operations
- BS 1989
- Leading and developing brand, marketing and sales teams over a 32-year career, with a focus on instilling teams with the skills and discipline needed to advocate for the needs of our patients, work effectively in a team setting and drive strong business results – all while identifying and achieving their own career objectives.
- Selected as a 2020 “fiercest women in life science” by Fierce Pharma
- Selected as one of the Top 50 Health Care Influencers in the United States by Medical Marketing and Media (MMM) in 2016.
- Leading teams that achieved best-in-class product launches and product growth for breakthrough brands treating a range of immunologic diseases. Representing AbbVie as a Board Member of the Biotechnology Innovation Organization (BIO) Health Section Governing Board
- Named AbbVie’s New Pharma Leader for making a positive company- and industry-wide impact in 2017, and being promoted to AbbVie Senior Vice President of U.S. Commercial Operations in 2021, leading nearly 7,000 employees and having responsibility for greater than $35Bn in annual net sales.
Elaine Sorg, Senior Vice President, U.S. Commercial Operations, leads an organization of nearly 7,000 employees that is relentless in pursuit of improved health outcomes – helping bring a wide range of innovative, life-changing medicines to patients. Elaine continues to draw on her combined experience as a pharmacist and business leader to reimagine the patient and customer experience so that her team can address health challenges in meaningful ways.
Before stepping into this role in 2021, Ms. Sorg was President of U.S. Immunology and AbbVie Patient Services. She earlier served as AbbVie’s Vice President of US Oncology and Immunology. Prior to joining the company, Ms. Sorg enjoyed a 23-year career in senior management with Eli Lilly and Company, where she led numerous teams across the pharmaceutical value chain. Over the course of her career, she has led complex businesses in the biopharmaceutical industry across multiple therapeutic areas including: Immunology, Cardiovascular, Neuroscience, Diabetes, Infectious Disease, Women’s Health and Oncology.
Ms. Sorg possesses a proven ability to unite diverse stakeholders around a common vision to achieve peak performance. Her leadership is best represented by her team’s ability to deliver innovative solutions that create and maximize value for patients, as well as her legacy of developing next-generation leaders at all levels.
In 2020, Fierce Pharma named Ms. Sorg one of the fiercest women in life sciences. In 2016 Ms. Sorg was named one of the top Healthcare Influencers by MM&M and was named one of the Most Powerful and Influential Woman in Illinois Award from the Illinois Diversity Council in April 2014. She currently serves on the Dean’s Advisory Board of the Purdue University College of Pharmacy as well as the BIO Health Section Governing Board. Ms. Sorg previously served as a member of the IBM Watson Health Advisory Board.
Elaine resides in Chicago, IL with Mark, her husband of 30 years. Together they have a daughter who is an aerospace engineer with Boeing.