2021 Outstanding Early Career Awardee
Lynn M. Thoma
Director of Pharmacy
“My Purdue Pharmacy education provided a solid foundation for my career but the Purdue impact did not go away when I walked across the stage in Elliott Hall. The people at the Purdue College of Pharmacy have continued to invest in me over the years, and I would not be here without that mentorship and support. For that I will be ever grateful.”
PharmD 2012, Purdue University
- Working with an interdisciplinary team of healthcare providers who trust me with the care of their patients and subsequently patients who trust me and my team enough to impact and improve their lives. That trust is the biggest compliment I could ever be given.
- Utilizing quality and financial data to justify the expansion of the pharmacy staff at HealthLinc from one clinical pharmacist to eight, two pharmacy residents, five HealthLinc Pharmacy pharmacists and four HealthLinc Pharmacy technicians over the past five years
- Creating a PGY-1 community pharmacy residency program with two positions
- Opening two HealthLinc Pharmacy locations to better serve the patients of our Federally Qualified Health Center
- Built a team that is truly a pharmily
Dr. Lynn Thoma is a 2012 graduate of the Purdue University College of Pharmacy. After graduation, she completed a PGY-1 Community Pharmacy Residency with Fagen Pharmacy and Purdue University. Lynn now serves as the Director of Pharmacy at HealthLinc in Valparaiso, Indiana. Here she manages the 340B Drug Discount Program, oversees all pharmacy-related matters, and serves as the Residency Program Director for the HealthLinc/Purdue PGY-1 Community Pharmacy Residency Program. Over the past five years at HealthLinc, Lynn has grown the pharmacy staff from 1 (herself) to 19, started a residency program, and opened two pharmacies.
In addition to her work at HealthLinc, Lynn serves as a preceptor and Regional Faculty Coordinator for Purdue University in the Northwest Indiana region. Lynn is the current president for the Indiana Pharmacists Association where she worked with other pharmacy colleagues to adopt the tag line of “Advancing Pharmacy, Improving Patient Lives.” She has also been at the forefront of the COVID-19 vaccine initiative representing pharmacists across the state.
Lynn’s professional interests are diabetes and hepatitis C management, advancing the profession, and precepting students and residents. Within her community, Lynn sits on the board for Hilltop Neighborhood House, an early childhood development center.
Lynn lives in Valparaiso, IN with her husband, son, and dog. She enjoys spending time with family and friends, working out, completing three marathons, and trying new restaurants and foods.