Beth Brown, (2023 Eaton Award Winner), BS 1991
President and Principal Consultant at Brown Squared Consulting LLC; Chief Technology Officer at REV Pharmaceuticals
For over 26 years, I have been a Product and Technology Development Scientific Leader and Entrepreneur who creates products that improve lives. My areas of expertise include pharma, biotech, medical device, and drug delivery technology in the healthcare industry.
My career has gravitated towards roles which focus on novel science, revolutionary and evolutionary next generation products, and the establishment of business processes. With a strong foundation in scientific and engineering fundamentals combined with regulatory and quality systems knowledge, I competitively drive new product commercialization. My leadership experience is in all stages of research & development, clinical trial supply, scale-up, commercialization, and technical transfer. I am known for simplifying the complex with proficiency in applying Six Sigma principles for technical trouble shooting, creating departments with new capabilities, and for product/technology portfolio assessment. My knowledge of early to late-stage development, commercialization, and different business models enables me to navigate business strategies as well as identify and deliver on unmet needs in the market.
I have a collaborative and purposeful leadership style which promotes increased understanding of cross-functional roles and has led to focused execution on programs through times of acquisition, cultural integration, and pandemic crisis. I choose to create an environment of success by mentoring constantly, focusing on creating sound plans, and holding individuals accountable for results. I have found that my approach of leading through influence establishes strong relationships with executive and functional leadership, external industry, and academic stakeholders.
Career Highlights include:
- President and Principal Consultant, Brown Squared Consulting, LLC since 2016.
- Chief Technology Officer of REV Pharmaceuticals, an investor-funded pharmaceutical start-up company, https://www.revpharmaceuticals.com founded in 2015.
- Pharmaceutical Product, Process, and Analytical Development Leader. Forecasted and managed several departmental budgets up to and exceeding $10MM. Responsible for the creation of pharmaceutical and analytical development functions including laboratories. Responsible for supporting 30+ product development & commercialization programs over career (small organic molecule, peptide, microbial therapy, monoclonal antibody, adenovector vaccine, protein/adjuvant vaccine, drug/device combination, medical device, and stem cell).
- Regulatory Affairs Executive Consultant. Primary author and lead for many CMC regulatory documents (IND, ANDA, NDA, BLA, PMA) and Master Files.
- Authored 7 patent applications for product composition, manufacturing processes, and analytical methods since 2015. These have resulted in compositional and analytical method patents for 4 pharmaceutical companies. Developed first-in-the-world oral bacterial capsule therapy platform including product and manufacturing process and authored IND in 9 months.
- Since 2020, I have supported a COVID-19 therapy and two COVID-19 vaccines.
- Finalist for Valiant Explorer Leader in Health Care Award, Minnesota Business Magazine (2015).
- Recipient of the 3M Golden Step Award for Qvar® Redi-haler (2004).
- Recipient of the 3M Circle of Technical Excellence Award for Technical Championing (2000).
I graduated with a BS Pharmacy from Purdue University, 1991 and a PhD in Pharmaceutics from the University of Michigan, 1997. I am a registered pharmacist in Minnesota and Indiana. I have supported Purdue University through industrial membership in the Center for Pharmaceutical Processing Research (CPPR) in the years 2008-2011. I have over 40 conference and invited presentation/publications and was guest lecturer for 3 years for a non-traditional pharmacy career path course at the University of Minnesota. I am married and have two daughters, age 16 and 19 and a yorkie-poo, named Archie. My eldest daughter is a Sophomore at Purdue, pursuing a degree in Engineering.