Connecting to the file server with BoilerAD
- On the Desktop or after clicking the Start button, right-click on My Computer or This PC, and then left-click "Map Network Drive..."
- Choose which drive letter you want to map the drive to in the Drive drop-down list. The standard is U: for your personal drive, and S: for the shared drive.
- Next to the Folder textbox, type in one of the following:
- \\fs.pharmacy.purdue.edu\username, where username is your career account login, for your U: drive
- \\fs.pharmacy.purdue.edu\shared, for the S: drive:
- Make sure the checkbox next to Reconnect at logon is selected if you wish to have this drive appear each time you restart your computer.
- When prompted for a username, enter BOILERAD\username
- Click OK.
- Click Finish.
- The U: (or S:) drive should appear in My Computer.
- While in the finder, press command-k to "Connect to a server". This will bring up a dialog box, the appearance of which will vary depending on your version of OS X. Enter smb://fs.pharmacy.purdue.edu for the Server Address (as shown below), then click on the "Connect" button.
- A second dialog box will appear, as shown below. To access your personal file share, click on the 'Authenticate" button.
- The authentication dialog box will appear (see below). Enter your Windows domain (BOILERAD), your career account username, and your career account password in the three boxes. Some of them may already be filled in for you; note that they may not be filled in correctly. Click on the "OK" button.
- You will return to the file share selection dialog. Your username should now appear in the pulldown list of shares. Select your username from the list and click "OK". The file share should mount to your desktop.
- You can repeat these instructions to mount the special "shared" share, available to all authenticated users. This file share has areas for each department to share files with each other.