Interprofessional Education Experiences
Objective: Embed interprofessional education experiences throughout the continuum of the Pharm.D. curriculum.
- Assure consistent experiences to introduce interprofessional practice and team dynamics for all students during introductory pharmacy practice experiences (IPPE).
- Incorporate at least one required IPE experience within the professional program laboratory (PPL) sequence during each semester of the curriculum specifically designed to address key elements outlined in 11.1 and 11.2 of the 2016 ACPE Standards.
- Develop a comprehensive assessment of students’ competencies in interprofessional practice as they progress through the curriculum.
- Develop a mechanism to evaluate and document the ability of each student to competently participate as a member of an interprofessional health care team during APPE rotations.
- Enhance co-curricular activities that involve interprofessional team dynamics.