Technical support in the College of Pharmacy is available from several sources. The most commonly used are the Instrument Shop and Pharmacy IT. The line between these two is sometimes blurry. On a practical basis, we all work well together. Technical support personnel are located in RHPH Room 153 near the stockroom (see map). Other, specialized support includes web services for online information and database development, the large-format poster printer, and the Hook Telecommunications Center for teleconferencing, video production, and related services.
The Instrument shop handles
- Instrument repair - submit request (login required)
- Physical labor tasks - submit request (login required)
- Utility problems - submit request (login required)
- Instrument training - submit request (login required)
- Miscellaneous work - submit request (login required)
For questions or concerns about instrumentation or related topics, e-mail Brett Nees at email@example.com or call 496-7390.
Pharmacy IT handles
- Computer networking
- Computer network (domain) accounts - request an account online
- Computer repair - submit request (login required)
- E-mail lists - contact Jeff Rattray at 49-62403
- File backups and recovery - contact Bill Tarrh at 49-61471
- Web pages and official websites - contact Jeff Rattray at 49-62403
- Customized online applications - contact Jeff Rattray at 49-62403
Dr. Marc Loudon's History of IT in the School of Pharmacy is available here.