Viewing Shared and Resource Calendars in Exchange
NOTE: These instructions are for Windows users using Outlook 2013. Outlook 2016 works similarly; the screens may look different
- In Outlook 2013, go to the Calendar display. In th Home ribbon, click on "Open Calendar" and select "Open Shared Calendar"
- This will open another box asking for the name of the calendar you want to open.
- Type the name (or part of the name) of what you are looking for in the box and click "OK". You will be presented with a list of matching calendar entries. (If there is only one matching entry, you will move directly to one of the steps below, depending on whether you have access to the calendar.) In the example below, we searched for "joe". Note that this gives a lot of results, so be as specific as you can.
- If you don't have permission to access the calendar you ask for, you will receive a message similar to the one shown below.
If you click "Yes", a message will be sent to the user asking them to let you view their calendar.
- If you do have permission to access the calendar you ask for, it will appear in the list titled "Shared calendars" in Outlook. You can check and uncheck calendars to view and compare them; you must have at least one calendar selected at all times.
- Being able to view a calendar does not always mean that you have access to change things on it.
- The College of Pharmacy has a number of resource calendars that you may wish to subscribe to. See this page for a list.
To remove a shared calendar
- Right-click the shared calendar and select "Delete Calendar" from the pop-up menu. Don't worry, you're only deleting it from the list, not from everywhere.