Conference rooms and videoconference scheduling
- In Outlook, right click the desired time period and select “New meeting request”
- In the “To:” field, enter the names of the meeting participants, the names of the conference rooms in both West Lafayette and Indianapolis, and the names of the videoconferencing units. Also invite Mark Sharp, Brandon Butram, and Johne Smith to the videoconference so we know to have someone set up the conference unit in the room for you. For example, if you plan to schedule a videoconference between RHPH 552B and FTBB, you will need to invite the following:
- RHPH 552B
- RHPH Vidcart 2 - SX20 (mobile videoconference unit in RHPH)
- FTBB Conf4 or FTBB Conf1.
- Johne Smith - Only invite IT staff if videoconferencing is needed or if you would like assistance with equipment in the room
- Mark Sharp
- Brandon Butram
- In the subject field, enter the name of the meeting and place the word videoconference somewhere in the subject. If you plan to use Webex, also place the word Webex somewhere in the subject and provide the Webex meeting information in the notes section. invite firstname.lastname@example.org to be an alternate host if scheduling a WebEx with videoconferencing. When scheduling WebEx, and inviting phrmwebx, do not create overlapping meetings, or the second meeting will not start.If you would like the meeting recorded, place the word RECORD at the beginning of the meeting invite.
- Make sure the date and time for the videoconference are correct
- Set a reminder for 15 minutes prior to the videoconference
- Send the meeting invitation
NOTE: When scheduling RHPH 554 or the FTBB conference rooms, you do not need to schedule a videoconference unit. You must reserve RHPH HDX8000 if you would like a videoconference from a room in RHPH. Rooms in Indianapolis may only be reserved by Amanda Correa, Mindy Schultz, Kate Caward, Brooke Furrer, and IT staff.
How to schedule WebEx meetings
Follow these instructions to finish setting up your account, and to create Webex meetings https://www.pharmacy.purdue.edu/sites/www.pharmacy.purdue.edu/files/techsupport/webex/webex_creation_instructions.pdf (Screen shots taken prior or Sept 2020 upgrade.)
Webex Helper Applications - ( Meetings Desktop App and Productivity Tools)
Installation of the Webex Productivity tools are required in order to have a Webex integration in Outlook scheduling. The Meetings Desktop App is a quick way to launch any meetings you may be invited to without having to open the web browser and logon to Webex first.
Here's a document that details how to update or install these programs on your College of Pharmacy Managed Windows computer. https://www.pharmacy.purdue.edu/sites/www.pharmacy.purdue.edu/files/techsupport/videoconferencing/InstallWebexHelperApps.pdf
Available Resources in Indianapolis
Conference Rooms in West Lafayette
Available spaces in the PCC