Articles of Interest
Research in Rx-Safenet
- Kozak MA, Melton JR, Gernant SA, Snyder ME. A needs assessment of unused and expired medication disposal practices: A study from the Medication Safety Research Network of Indiana. Research in Social and Administrative Pharmacy 2015. E-pub ahead of print.
- Patel P, Hemmeger H, Kozak MA, Kleyman S, Hemmeger H, Snyder ME. Community pharmacist participation in a practice-based research network (PBRN): a report from the Medication Safety Research Network of Indiana (Rx-SafeNet); Journal of the American Pharmacists Association (in press).
- Meyerson BE, Ryder PT, von Hippel C, Coy K. We can do more than just sell the test: pharmacist perspectives about over-the-counter rapid HIV tests. AIDS Behav 2013;17(6):2109-13.
- Ryder PT, Meyerson BE, Coy KC, von Hippel CD. Pharmacists’ perspectives on HIV testing in community pharmacies. Journal of the American Pharmacists Association 2013;53(6):595-600.
For a greater understanding of community pharmacy-based PBRNs and PBRNs in general, Rx-SafeNet recommends the following articles as resources:
- Green L, Hickner J. A Short History of Primary Care Practice-Based Research Networks: From Concept to Essential Research Laboratories. J Am Board Fam Med. 2006; 19:1-10.
- Marinac JS, Kuo GM, Characterizing the American College of Clinical Pharmacy Practice-Based Research Network. Pharmacotherapy. 2010 Aug; 30(8):865.
- Schommer JC, Brown LM, Doucette WR, Goode JR, Oliveira DJ. Innovations in pharmacy through practice-based research. Innovations in Pharmacy 2010;1(1):1-7.
- Pace WD, Fagnan LJ, West DR. The Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) Practice-based Research Network (PBRN) Relationship: Delivering on an Opportunity, Challenges, and Future Directions. Journal of the American Board of Family Medicine 2011;24:489-92.