- CORE ELMS
- Apply to become a Purdue Preceptor (use code PURDUEPRECEPTOR2020)
- Contact Us
Benefits of Precepting Students and Opportunities for Continuing Professional Development
Precepting students is both challenging and rewarding. The benefits of becoming a Purdue preceptor include:
- Contribution toward the education and mentoring of students
- Relationships with Purdue faculty and alumni
- Student contributions to the site and pharmacy services
- Invitations to Purdue sponsored events
- Access to CEImpact at no charge to all preceptors. Preceptors can obtain free CE credit for participation in precepting and mentor-based modules and clinical content modules based on their individual needs and interests.
- Purdue Continuing education (CE) webpage developed for preceptors. The CE programs focus on clinical practice updates and professional development. Here preceptors will find various free CE programs (a coupon code is provided upon request) and other programs for a minimal charge.
- Access to the experiential learning management system, CORE.
How to Become a Purdue Preceptor
- Prepare your documents.
You will need:
- A copy of your most recent CV or resume
- A complete Rotation Description/Syllabus
Please review our objectives for each rotation type here:
- Create your CORE profile
- Request a preceptor profile in CORE. Please use the code: PURDUEPRECEPTOR2020
- Upload your CV/resume
- Complete a Rotation Description online form. Additional documents, such as a syllabus, may be added to your profile once activated.
- Complete Preceptor Training
Once you have CORE access, please complete your preceptor training prior to your first student placement. You can access required courses through CORE – External Resources - CEImpact. Use the code provided to load the Purdue specific training into My Courses, then search the Preceptor Subscription courses for “Preceptor Orientation” (also listed in the “Orientation” tab) to add this to your course list. Complete the courses in My Courses.
Questions? Contact the Administrative Assistant for Preceptor Affairs, Kayla Smith, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Becoming Affiliate Faculty
Following one year of satisfactory service as a preceptor, an Affiliate Faculty or Instructor appointment is offered. The College sends the preceptor an official offer letter.
Affiliate Faculty Benefits
- Purdue Libraries access (including Lexicomp online)
- College of Pharmacy Health Library Access
- Eligibility to get a Purdue ID Card
- Eligibility to purchase Faculty and Staff Software from OnTheHub (including 30% Lexicomp subscription)
- Membership in Purdue Employee Discount Program
- Access to Employee Trips
- Free CityBus access with Purdue ID (see details)
- Eligible for Purdue's Recreational Sports Center membership
- Discounted Purdue Athletic Tickets