Pharm. D. Calendar
The Doctor of Pharmacy Program calendar differs from that of the Purdue University calendar, including semester start dates. Students must refer to the specific start dates outlined on the calendar schedule.
- First professional year students (referred to as P1s) must review their College of Pharmacy orientation letters for their start date, which commonly begins the weekend prior to the general University calendar. Other than the start date, the P1 year schedule aligns with the University calendar.
- Second professional (P2) and third professional (P3) students' didactic semesters are 12 weeks in length, rather than the 16-week University calendar. In the fall, P2s and P3s begin their 12-week didactic courses one week later than the general Purdue population. In the spring, P2 and P3 students begin their 12-week didactic courses at the end of January or beginning of February - 3 weeks after the general Purdue University population.
- All P2s and P3s will complete a 4-week Introductory Pharmacy Practice Experience (IPPE) in July, August, November/December (option for P3 students only) or January.
- Students not enrolled in an IPPE may enroll in intensive elective courses (referred to as IEs), which begin in accord with the general University calendar.
- Fourth professional year (P4) students begin 40 weeks of Advanced Pharmacy Practice Experiences (APPEs) in May, immediately following successful completion of the P3 year.
- Breaks: P1 students are in recess in accord with the general University calendar (Labor Day, October Break, Thanksgiving Break, Martin Luther King Day, and Spring Break). However, the Doctor of Pharmacy calendar may be modified by either action of the College faculty or Purdue University. P2-4 students do not observe these recesses if on an IPPE or APPE.
Schedule for Spring 2020
|P1 and University Calendar||P2 and P3|
|Jan. 6 - 31||IPPE|
|Jan. 13||Classes start (16 wk)||Jan. 13 - 30||Intensive Elective Courses|
|Jan. 31 - Feb. 1||Intensive Elective Finals|
|Feb. 3||Classes start (12 wk)|
|Mar. 16 - 21||Spring Break||Mar. 16 - 21||Spring Break|
|May 2||Classes end (16 wk)||May 2||Classes end (12 wk)|
|May 4 - 9||Finals||May 4 - 9||Finals|
Schedule for Fall 2019
|P1 and University Calendar||P2/P3|
|Jul. 29 - Aug 23||IPPE|
|Aug. 19||Classes start (16 wk)|
|Aug. 26||Classes start (12 wk)|
|Oct. 7-8||October Break||Oct. 7-8||October Break|
|Nov. 15||Classes end (12 wk)|
|Nov 16, 18-19||Finals (12 wk)|
|Nov. 20||Intensive Electives Start|
|Nov. 27-30||Thanksgiving Break||Nov. 27-30||Thanksgiving Break|
|Dec. 7||Classes end (16 wk)||Dec. 12||Intensive Electives End|
|Dec. 9-14||Finals (16 wk)||Dec. 13-14||Intensive Elective Finals|