Pharm. D. Calendar
The Doctor of Pharmacy Program calendar differs from that of the Purdue University calendar, including semester start dates. The following bullet points are a general description and students must refer to the specific start dates outlined on the calendar schedule.
- First professional year students (referred to as P1s) should refer to their College of Pharmacy orientation letters for their start date, which commonly begins the weekend prior to the general University calendar.
- Second professional (P2) and third professional (P3) students begin the semester at differing times, depending on their assigned 4-week long Introductory Pharmacy Practice Experience (IPPE):
- Fall: Approximately half of P2s and P3s begin their respective IPPEs at the beginning of July or August, while all P2s and P3s begin their 12-week didactic courses one week later than the general Purdue population.
- Spring: The remaining half are enrolled in their P2 or P3 IPPE during the month of January, with all P2 and P3 students beginning their 12-week didactic courses near the end of January - 3 weeks after the general Purdue population. Students not in IPPE, may enroll in intensive elective courses (referred to as IEs), which begin in accord with the general University calendar.
- P4 students begin their 40 weeks of Advanced Pharmacy Practice Experiences (APPEs) in May, immediately following successful completion of the P3 year.
- P1-P3 students are in recess in accord with the general University calendar (Labor Day, October Break, Thanksgiving Break, Martin Luther King Day, and Spring Break). However, the Doctor of Pharmacy calendar may be modified by either action of the College faculty or Purdue University. P-4 students do not observe these recesses.
Schedule for Spring 2019
|Dec 31- Jan. 25||IPPE|
|Jan. 7-24||Intensive Elective Courses||Jan. 7||Classes start (16 wk)|
|Jan. 25-26||Intensive Elective Finals|
|Jan. 28||Classes start (12 wk)|
|Mar. 11-16||Spring Break||Mar. 11-16||Spring Break|
|Apr. 26||Classes end (12 wk)||Apr. 27||Classes end (16 wk)|
|Apr. 29 - May 4||Finals||Apr. 29 - May 4||Finals|
Schedule for Fall 2019
|Jul. 29 - Aug 23||IPPE|
|Aug. 19||Classes start (16 wk)|
|Aug. 26||Classes start (12 wk)|
|Oct. 7-8||October Break||Oct. 7-8||October Break|
|Nov. 15||Classes end (12 wk)|
|Nov 16, 18-19||Finals (12 wk)|
|Nov. 20||Intensive Electives Start|
|Nov. 27-30||Thanksgiving Break||Nov. 27-30||Thanksgiving Break|
|Dec. 12||Intensive Electives End||Dec. 7||Classes end (16 wk)|
|Dec. 13-14||Intensive Elective Finals||Dec. 9-14||Finals (16 wk)|