- Pre-Doctor of Pharmacy Program
- B.S. Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Graduate Programs
- Meet the Faculty and Staff
- Research Opportunities
Purdue has earned a reputation as a national and global leader in discovery and innovation. Few universities can match the depth and breadth of its research facilities or the quality of its researchers, which include preeminent scientists and scholars in a wide variety of fields. The College of Pharmacy’s highly active research environment is both indispensable for attracting and retaining the best and brightest faculty and essential for providing students with the most up-to-date education.
The College of Pharmacy’s major research efforts focus on an interdisciplinary approach in five basic areas:
- Research at the interface between chemistry and biology, with an emphasis is on chemical biology of mammalian systems, particularly as it applies to human disease states. This research will increasingly take advantage of the new information available from elucidation of the human genome.
- Drug delivery, product development, materials science, and the processing and manufacturing of pharmaceuticals.
- Translational research and pharmacogenomics research, including pharmacoepidemiology, in collaboration with the Indiana University School of Medicine.
- Pharmacy economics studies the economic relationships within pharmacy and the health-care system.
- Outcomes research considers questions such as the effect of pharmaceutical care on patients' quality of life and the application of new educational methodology to both patient education programs and the pharmacy curriculum.
Research Opportunities for Students
Purdue College of Pharmacy students have an outstanding number of opportunities to obtain research experience during their course of study. Any interested student can seek an opportunity to work on research projects in the College -- see Research Programs. Several research fellowships for undergraduate research are available on a competitive basis to students enrolled in any of the College of Pharmacy undergraduate programs. These include summer research fellowships as well as many other opportunities for interested students.