PharmD Prerequisite Curriculum
|Fundamentals of Biology I1|
Anatomy & Physiology I
|(5)||CHM 12901||Gen. Chem w/ Biological Focus|
|(3)||MA 16010||Applied Calculus I1|
|(1)||PHRM 10000||Intro to Pharmacy & Pharm Sci2|
|(3)||Oral Communication UCC Selective1|
|Fundamentals of Biology II|
Anatomy & Physiology II
|(4)||MCMP 20400||Organic Chemistry I4|
|(3-4)||Written Communication UCC Selective1|
|(3)||Pre-PharmD Educational Goal Selective3|
|Anatomy & Physiology I1|
Fundamentals of Biology I1
|Intro to Microbiology|
General Physics I
|(4)||MCMP 20500||Organic Chemistry II4|
|(3)||STAT 30100||Elementary Statistical Methods|
|(2)||Elective (PHRM 20000 recommended for Pre-PharmD)|
|Anatomy & Physiology II|
Fundamentals of Biology II
|General Physics I|
Intro to Microbiology
|(3)||MCMP 20800||Biochemistry for Pharm Science4|
* - Fulfills University Core Curriculum (UCC) requirements. Pre-Doctor of Pharmacy students are exempt from completing UCC requirements. However, students who CODO to alternative undergraduate degrees will be required to complete the UCC.
- Fulfills University Undergraduate Core Curriculum Requirement. See https://www.purdue.edu/provost/students/s-initiatives/curriculum/courses.html for course listings.
- Optional, but strongly recommended for both Pre-Doctor of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences Students.
- Strongly recommend one of the following: COM 20400, 21000, 21700 or PHIL 11000, 11100, 11400, 12000, 15000, 24000, 27000, or any BSS Couse or Follow hyperlink for list of classes meeting requirement.
- Must have cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher to enroll.
This plan of study is for students at Purdue University West Lafayette campus. Students completing the Pre-Doctor of Pharmacy curriculum elsewhere are exempted from taking PHRM 10000 (Pharmacy Orientation I) and PHRM 20000 (Pharmacy Orientation II). Please see our list of off-campus curricula.
The student is ultimately responsible for knowing and completing all degree requirements.